WELCOME THE LEAL 'GROUP' DATA PROTECTION NOTICE PAGE
FOR THE PROMOTION OF DATA PROTECTION BY DESIGN AND BY DEFAULT
A LITTLE BIT MORE ABOUT THIS PAGE
The Leal ‘GROUP’ comprises of a ‘GROUP’ of independent companies dedicated to ensuring that you always experience an excellent range of services and product offerings as you interact with us.
As you enjoy our range of major international brands, we have a team dedicated to ensuring that you receive only the best products and services.
Our products and services are displayed and hosted on a number of websites, depending on the service or product you seek.
Other companies that fall within the Leal Group include:
- Pharmacy Novelle Ltd. (PNL)
- Leal and Co Ltd (LEAL)
- Leal Equipments CIE LTEE. (LEC)
- Leal Energy Ltd. (LE)
- United Motors Ltd. (UML)
- Distripc Ltd. (ELYTIS)
- Leal Agency LTD. (LACY)
- Leal Communications and Informatics LTD. (LCI)
OUR APPROACH TO DATA PROTECTION
- Our team will work on ensuring that your data is processed fairly, with due notice and legally at all times
- We will not process any of your personal data unless it is absolutely and or legally necessary
- We will ensure that you are made aware at any point at which we may process your personal data
- In cases where you have provided us with your data, and where your data is stored for legitimate and legal reasons, we will ensure that you have access to your data upon request and will provide you with adequate opportunities to update the data that we hold about you
- Our ‘GROUP’ will ensure that, whichever member of the ‘GROUP’ and for whatever purpose you have supplied your data, our information and software security measures are adequate to safeguard your data
- As custodians of your data, we will ensure to keep your information completely confidential and will not share any of your data with third parties outside of the legal scope of our relationship, until and unless you have been informed and your consent is obtained
- If at any point, your personal data has been compromised, we will notify you within 72 working hours of detection of the breach.
WHAT TYPE OF DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Your personal data may include your personal phone number, your name, your email address, IP addresses, VIN numbers, etc. Your personal data may also be collected through plug-ins and cookies, etc.
If you are using our website, you will receive a prompt to ensure that you provide your consent before providing your personal details. Please read the prompt carefully before clicking ‘NO’ or ‘YES’ to the collection and processing of your personal data.
The prompt will always include what type of data we will need to collect in order to process your request. More information regarding the collection and processing of your data can be found in the company policies listed above.
For all other purposes for data collection, not including the collection of your personal data through our website(s), we will ensure to obtain your consent in line with one of the company privacy policies listed above.
You may also decide not to share your personal data (on the website) with us, which is absolutely fine!
However, if you do send us an email with an inquiry, this will be considered as an implied consent to use your email address to provide an adequate response.
A "cookie" is a piece of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
- to help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content of our site to match your preferred interests;
- to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Two types of cookies may be used on this website : session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for longer ( how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Some of our Web pages may also contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information which including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides.
You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
You can find Information on how to disable or enable cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org
WHEN DO WE AQUIRE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We acquire your personal data when you get in touch with us (on the site for example or through social media), when you visit one of our dealerships, when you communicate your interest in one of our products, etc.
If you provide information to us on behalf of someone else, you confirm to us that you have the permission of the other person to do so and that they are aware of the contents of this notice.
erased in line with our Erasure Policy. This will be the final communication from us as we will then delete your contact from our systems.
If you would like to object to the processing of your data for certain purposes, do inform us and provided that we are not bound by legal obligation, we will acquiesce to your request. If there are legal limitations to your request, to ensure that you are aware of these limitations, we may contact you via email to communicate this.
You may ask for all personal data that we hold. We will provide a copy of this information, free of charge and within a reasonable time from your request. A copy of your data will be sent to you electronically in PDF via encrypted email. A password will be sent to you through a second email. In certain circumstances, and upon request from you, we may acquiesce to your request to receive your data in a different format, provided that this is feasible.
If any of the above is a request you would like to make, please reach out to our DPO: email@example.com
If we fail to fulfil your request, or address a concern that you raised, you have the right to place a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner.
OUR APPROACH TO DATA BREACHES
A data breach is any activity that exposes your personal data to entities that should otherwise not be able to attain your personal data (entities to which you did not consent the processing of your personal data). A data breach can be an act of accessing or providing data by unauthorized entities or an omission to provide the security systems that should provide adequate security against unauthorized data.
We take data breaches very seriously! Where a data breach comes to our attention, you will be notified within 72 hours of our knowledge of the breach. In addition, an investigation will be conducted to assess where the breach happened and why to ensure that a repetition does not occur.
PERSONAL DATA OF MINORS
Leal 'GROUP' will not knowingly collect, process or store the personal information of any person below the age of 16 without the express consent of the parent or legal guardian.
REMEMBER, YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF YOUR DATA
In line with our commitment to you, we would like to ensure you that you have the right to restrict, rectify or delete your data, depending on how your data was obtained and for what purposes it is being processed.
Each one of our companies is wholly dedicated to ensuring that you have a fantastic experience at all times. As such, feel free to contact the DPO should you have any queries or concerns!
As always, we look forward to engaging with you!